The job market for construction accountants is booming. Job boards feature the surplus of available positions of accounting; your post must stand out. The job description template of the construction accountant mentioned below provides a good place to start with, and the tips along with it can help to mold the template to fit in your unique attributes of the company.
Summary of the job:
The role is the opportunity for a candidate to build leadership skills, enhance technological skills in the paperless environment and find different ways to solve issues. As one of the best construction accountants, you get the ownership and apply the principles of accounting to your record and analyse financial information, which includes managing the attributes of job cost, responding to the issues of customers, resolving problems and providing the disclosures of the financial statement related to the company’s constructional activities.
- Manage the ERP systems which are used to control the reports of Development Lifecycle.
- Supervise the people in staff and prepare the annual review.
- Review and analyse the costs of capital. Ensure policy compliance.
- Development, implementation, and maintenance of the construction managing system which include setting up of the project, job costs, budgets, contracts, cost codes, purchase of the orders, change orders and various other reports of progress in construction.
- Review and analyse the status of construction with construction/project managers and participate in the analysis of cost.
- Gather and prepare the materials related to cost accounting and construction for the internal and external audits.
- Interface and coordinate with the cost accounting software system provider.
Qualifications and job skills:
- Experience in Yardi is a plus point but isn’t necessary.
- Capability to read and do the interpretation of the contracts and other documents related to construction.
- Capability to read, analyse and do the interpretation of relevant agreements, contracts, and other terms.
- Knowledge and experience in cost and general accounting of construction.
- 4-year degree in accounting and a minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in the field of real estate or accounting construction.
- The skills needed in MS office, particularly to organise and apply the solutions in Microsoft Excel.
Construction accountants are the best in what they do. It is essential to must have all these capabilities.